Thursday 22 December 2011

Feeling very pleased with myself.....


See that?  That picture above?  If anyone had told me last Christmas that by this Christmas I will have run a total of 50 miles, I'd have made myself sick with laughter and probably wee'd a bit as well.

I started running back in March and it's taken me 8 months to run the equivalent of two marathons.  As TLH so sagely observed 'the slowest marathon in history'.  He is still living, dear reader.  Quite how, I don't know....

As you can see by the figure above, I'm not exactly the world's quickest runner - more a shuffler, really - as it would appear that the fastest mile I've run in the past 8 months has taken me over 15 minutes.  And you will note by the dates of my runs that I don't go exactly regularly, but I'm hoping to do better next year.

And anyway, as one of my friends posted on Facebook the other day:





Here's to many more - and faster - miles under my feet next year.

2 comments:

OmegaMom said...

Woot! Congrats!

Say--fire off an email to me. I am on Facebook and searched for you by name, but your name is much more common than mine...so I want to figure out how to "friend" you. :D

Unless, of course, you don't WANT to be my friend. Harrumph.

Mrs Jones said...

Kate - have left a message on your blog (how's it going, by the way?) as I don't have your email address.