Friday 9 December 2011

Update on The Archers

If you recall, one of my recent posts was relating some shenanigans going on at my allotment site

There was a meeting last Monday of the allotment holders which, unfortunately, I was unable to attend but the site steward has just sent out a mass email to report on what was discussed.  From what I can make out, H (the seeming cause of all the problems) is no longer a steward as, in the email, he was given formal thanks for the work that he'd done (and he had done some good things) and two new deputy stewards were introduced.  Hmm, I wonder if he jumped or was pushed?  Doesn't really matter though, as long as he's no longer in a position of being able to wield any sort of power over the rest of us and just gets on with growing his veggies, and leaving the rest of us alone, then I'm happy.  I'm assuming he still has his plot though.  Again, I don't really care as long as he stops interfering.

Discussion also covered the stubborn bugger who has a red ex-Royal Mail van that he parks on the street AS CLOSE AS HE POSSIBLY CAN to the entrance to the site, making it as absolutely as difficult as possible for vehicles to get to the site.  It's astonishing that his wing hasn't been taken off yet.  It also successfully blocks off vision for those emerging from the site into the road.  Luckily it's a relatively quiet council estate road and not a main road but even so.

I live in walking distance of the site so very rarely need to drive there (when I'm carting bags of compost, or delivering/collecting large/heavy loads) so, in all honesty, it doesn't really affect me directly but there are plotholders who need to drive there all the time and they have to deal with it all the time.  At the meeting it was decided that the council was going to be contacted and also the police.  I think this is a good idea but I don't think it will come to anything as I suspect he's completely within his rights and as long as he doesn't actually obstruct the entrance itself (he parks millimetre close to the bit on the kerb where it drops down, if know what I mean) then there's nothing anyone can do.

And as it's SUCH  beautiful day today - the high winds of yesterday having blown themselves out - I think I may pop down there to see if my shed's still standing and do more covering up of the plot which will make weeding next spring much easier.

Have a lovely weekend, y'all, and stay warm!

No comments: