Tuesday 5 April 2011

OMG!! David Bowie fans prepare to be horrified.....

One of my posts over the past weekend went into very lengthy detail about the massacring (is that spelt right?  Doesn't look right....) of some David Bowie classics that my long-suffering ears were subjected to.

I've managed to find the album just now, by Googling 'jazz version space oddity'.  It appears to be an album called 'Ground Control to Frank Sinatra' by Duffo feat. Jeff Duff.  The concept appears to be what it would sound like if Frank Sinatra sang some of Bowie's songs.  Which, frankly, isn't the worst thing I've ever heard of but why gild the lily?

Anyway, I've just hopped onto Youtube and I can't find any videos to show you, but I've found an Amazon link to the album which has 30-second clips of each track.  Here you'll find the songs I heard at the weekend - 'Sorrow', 'Changes', 'Rebel Rebel' (this clip of this one doesn't make it sound too bad but, believe me...), 'Space Oddity' and 'Suffragette City'.

I don't think I'll be buying the album anytime soon...

3 comments:

OmegaMom said...

Bahahahaha! OMG! It's fantastic! It's hilarious!

Mrs Jones said...

Yep - the clips for Space Oddity and Suffragette City are the worst and the others give the impression that those songs would be okay done in a jazz stylee but, trust me friends, no. Just no.

Scented Sweetpeas said...

Don't think I can bare to listen, I love a bit of David Bowie!