Friday 18 December 2009

Christmas Traditions at Jones Towers

I'm feeling much better, thanks for asking. Had 3 days of feeling really quite shitty - sneezing, bit of a sore throat, headache, feeling very tired during the day but unable to sleep at night - but I took it easy physically which helped a lot I think. Of course, as luck would have it, I received some last minute, urgent proof-reading from a Kuwaiti postgraduate student which meant I had to find my thinking head from where I last put it, and it really didn't want to be found, but I just thought of the money to be earned and got on with it.

We put up our Christmas tree last weekend. Over the last half a dozen years or so I've tried to instigate 'traditions'. We don't have any children, there's only TLH and me, so there's no-one to pass traditions down to. I thought this was a shame (amongst all the other sad things about being childless...) so decided we should make up some of our own anyway. One of these was to always decorate the tree while listening to Phil 'The Killer' Spector's Christmas Album - who can resist songs like these:





For some reason, this year we completely forgot. Thank goodness Sylvester Bean is around to continue his own tradition of getting into the Christmas tree box (there are others for the intervening years but I can't locate them just now):

Christmas 2004



Christmas 2008



Christmas 2009

2 comments:

Monalisa said...

Love that Phil Spectors tape, I don't know where ours has gone, I must find it now...

Elizabeth Musgrave said...

Are you quite sure they are different years? I wish I was wearing as well as that cat!